Merging dictionary entries¶
The Dictionary helps you keeping all the terms that are often used in your diagrams at hand. Over time the use of terms can change and entries with a similar meaning but different description may occur. Copies of existing entries may have been created by modelers after a long time of modeling in one workspace, especially when many modelers are working together. The import of Signavio archives (SGX) can have the same effect, as entries will be added to the Dictionary also when they already exist. In such cases, merging dictionary entries will help you keeping the Dictionary in good condition.
The following example explains merging the entries ACME AG and ACME Inc., so there is only one entry for the German and the English naming convention of the company.
- Open the Dictionary and choose the category the entries can be found in.
- Choose the first dictionary entry you want to merge. You can also select all entries you want to merge right away.
- Click the toolbar button Merge Dictionary Entries.
The merge button in the dictionary toolbar
- Enter the name of the second dictionary entry into the field Add Dictionary Entry. Use the auto-completion here. It is possible to merge as many entries as you want, by adding them the same way.
Use the auto-completion to add more entries.
- Choose the elements to be added to the resulting entry. Attached documents, linked dictionary items and links are added to the target entry automatically.
Select the fields that will be included in the resulting entry.
- Click Merge and confirm the warning.
- The entries are merged. The resulting entry is shown, so it can be edited now.