Administrators manage workspace settings and user access. They also make sure that even with many users, the workspace remains well structured and clean.
The first user registering for a Signavio workspace is by default an administrator.
As administrators have extensive rights and can make profound changes to your Signavio workspace, we recommend IT-skilled users familiar with the Signavio software and BPMN should be in charge. It is important to communicate and document changes in workspace settings among your administrative team, so that all administrators are up to date and can give accurate responses to user queries.
The ‘Setup’ menu in an ordinary user account
The ‘Setup’ menu in an administrator’s account in the Enterprise Edition
To add or remove administrator permissions, add/remove the user to/from the user group Administrators. You can follow the instructions in the chapter Managing user groups.
An administrator has the following special privileges:
- Managing users and access rights
- Configuring general software settings
- Configuring language settings
- Configuring the Collaboration Hub
- Managing approval workflows
- Managing notations, attributes and the Signavio dictionary
- Importing/exporting diagrams and uploading files
- Embedding/Integration possibilities with Signavio
- Integrating the Signavio Process Manager with Workflow Accelerator
- Integrating the Collaboration Hub with Microsoft SharePoint
- Signavio and the SAP Solution Manager
- Purchasing additional licenses
- Frequently asked questions